I just think it’s great to show a gown that’s $8,000 and a shoe that’s, like, $25 – but still look fabulous together.
You may recognize this designer as the youngest winner of the TV reality show, Project Runway. However, Christian Siriano is much more than a reality TV stars, showing his designs at every season through New York fashion week and outfitting a variety of celebrity clients. Read on to learn more about this young, vivacious and couture designer!
A Bit of Background:
- Christian Siriano was born on November 18, 1985 in Colombia, Maryland.
- Christian’s shows at New York Fashion Week have been sponsered by LG, Sprint, Victoria Secret, and Aveda.
- Some of his celebrity clients include, Rhianna, Heidi Klym, Lady Gaga, Vanessa Williams, Pink, Estelle, Kat Deluna, Whoppi Goldberg.
- His designs have been called works of art, by the famous Oprah Winfrey.
- Christian has created a line of shoes and bags for Payless, which combine his love for wearability at an affordable price.
- Between designing lines and side projects, Christian has penned a style guide entitled, Fierce Style: How to Be Your Most Fabulous Self.
Outfit Number One-Photo Credit
This first look is a perfect look to transition from Fall to Summer, by pairing a maxi skirt with a long sleeved striped top!
To get this look from Christian’s Spring 2012 collection, start with a red maxi skirt, and tuck in a white striped blouse. For accessories keep it light and neutral with nude flats, purse and simple jewelry.
Outfit Number Two
This look shows a simple way to add some sparkle to a little white dress, using pops of color in the shoes and belt!
To transition this look for Fall, start with a button up dress, like this one from Topshop, and add pops of color with maroon!
Outfit Number Three-
This look is from Christian’s 2012 Fall RTW collection, but due to the sheerness of the top for the show, I decided to leave out the photo of the actual outfit. However, this look can be perfect for the office, with a black pencil skirt, black and white polka dotted blouse and some great vintage style heels.
Outfit Number Four-
Now this look is why I adore Christian’s work. It combines just the right amount of light, sparkle, and edge!
To achieve this esthetic, start with a white maxi top, a sparkled top, and a leather jacket. Keep the accessories in the sparkly range with bags, flats and black jewelry.
What do you think of Christian’s designs? Did you purchase any of his Payless collection pieces? Let me know in a comment below!
*Sparkle On and Wear Bows*