“As much as I hate how seasons come and go so quickly, there’s a new one to prepare for and I’m creating something new.”
When looking through the vast sea of young, talented and innovated designers, Thakoon Panichgul stands above. From his ultra feminine styling to constantly updating his styles for each season, Panichgul is here to stay. Read on about this Thai born, New York shaped, designer!
- Panichgul moved to the U.S. with his family when he was 11 years old, and lived in Omaha Nebraska.
- He later went on to study and graduate from Boston University in 1997, with a business degree.
- After moving to New York, Panichgul developed an interest in designing, and studying formal studies at Parsons School of Design.
- In 2004, Panchigul showcased his first ready to wear collection and caught the attention of the press, stylists and several celebrities. Such as, Rachel Bilson, Demi Moore, Michelle Obama, and Sarah Jessica Parker.
- His designs were on display for the nation when Michelle Obama chose to wear a red, black, and blue printed kimono dress from his spring 2009 collection, when her husband accepted the Democratic presidential nomination.
Outfit Number One
I just love the juxtaposition of the tough military style jacket, and the super girly floral dress!
To achieve this look, start with a floral dress from Modcloth, and top it off with this great military jacket from Free People. Next add a pair of lace Jeffry Cambell pumps, a vintage style satchel and a sock bun to top it all off!
Outfit Number Two
While orange is not the most represented color in my closet, I adore this shade as it always reminds me of fall!
Recreate the look with this dress from Modcloth, and add to the simple look with a pair of white flats, a satchel, and a simple pair of earrings.
Outfit Number Three
This last look is all about the patterned top, which is a huge trend for this upcoming fall season!
To recreate this look start with a Baroque style crop top, tuck it into a yellow skirt, and pair with a pair of lace black boots, a white purse and simple jewelry!
What do you think of Thakoon’s Addition pre fall collection? Would you wear any of these looks? Let me know in a comment below!
*Sparkle On and Wear Bows*