It’s not everyday that your favorite iconic jewelry store turns 175! To commemorate Tiffany&Co’s 175th birthday, here’s a look at some of the looks in my favorite movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s! Read on for the lovely looks of Holly Golightly and some history on the store that she loved so much!
Fun Facts about Tiffany & Co.
- Tiffany’s opened their doors in 1837, and each of their hearts include have this momentous date inscribed on the front.
- Abraham Lincoln purchased a seed pearl necklace for his wife Mary Todd, to wear to the Inaugural Ball back in 1861.
- Tiffany’s designed the great seal of the United States in the mid 1880s, which is now seen on the back of every dollar bill!
- Audrey Hepburn donned a Ribbon Rosette necklace with a yellow Tiffany Diamond in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- While I am no sports buff, Tiffany’s is the maker of the the Vince Lombardi Trophy, that is awarded to the team that wins the super bowl.
- Everyone is familiar with the iconic little blue box, but Pantone’s color 1837 known as Tiffany Blue is actually trademarked by Tiffany’s!
Outfit Number One: Moon River
I think that if Holly Golightly were to go to college, this would be her version of a lazy day, yoga pants and sweatshirt look!
I just love this look as it is super comfy, casual but in no way sloppy! Start with a pair of navy pants, add a gray sweatshirt, pointed flats, and a hair wrap, also a guitar never hurts.
Outfit Number Two
This outfit is the chicest I have ever seen someone look while hailing a cab!
To get Holly’s look, perfect for work and the office, start with a black peplum dress, and add a variety of same color accessories from pumps, to a hat to the iconic cat eyed shades!
Outfit Number Three
Now this is a glamorous rainy day ensemble, from the coat to wearing her shades on a cloudy day, Holly looks put together, and ever classic.
To get this fresh and clean rainy day look, start with a great trench coat, and add a gray pencil skirt, black blouse, retro pumps and maroon styled accessories for a pop of color!
Outfit Number Four
Holly was known for her fabulous, and interesting parties, and she was the epitome of a great hostess; wonderful hair, make up, and plenty of drinks!
For a great party look like Holly’s start with a one shoulder dress, with great embellishments and a great cut out! For accessories keep it simple with nude pumps, earrings and a clutch.
Outfit Number Five
This look is what I would call casual, at least for Holly’s style! I just love the elegance that she brings to a simple sweater and cropped trousers.
Start with a great sweater, over cropped navy pants, capped flats, and gold and black accessories!
Outfit Number Six
Start with this great dress, only $88, and add black pumps, a handbag, statement pearl necklace, and of course, Wayfarer Ray Bans!
Are you as big of a Breakfast at Tiffany’s fan as I am? Do you have a favorite look or piece of Tiffany’s jewelry? Would you wear any of these looks? Let me know in a comment below!
*Sparkle On and Wear Bows*