“True style is something money can’t buy”. -Carolina Herrera
This designer is known for her white button up shirt, stunning fashions and designer fragrances, and is none other than Carolina Herrera. From building up her business, and expanding the brand, Carolina has captured a timeless essence.
A Bit of Background
- Carolina Herrera was born in Caracas, Venezuela in 1939. In 1991, she made a cross country move to New York.
- In 1981, Carolina designer her initial fashion line to test if there was a market for her products, and sure enough, there was!
- Fragrances have been a strong suit for Herrera, who created her first perfume in 1987. She added a men’s fragrance starting in 1991.
- In 2008 Carolina launched a lifestyle brand called CH Carolina Herrera.
- You might have recognized her work in the first of the final installment of the Twilight series. Bella Swan, or Kristen Stewart, wore a Carolina Herrera dress in her fictional wedding to Edward Cullen!
Outfit Number One
This look from Carolina’s Spring 2012 Ready to Wear Collection, jumped out because of the bold geometric patterns and pops of red!
To get this look, start with a great white and black dress, add pops of red with the shoes, a belt and a clutch! Keep the rest of the accessories simple with black beads and a pair of great shades.
Outfit Number Two
With the upcoming release of the Great Gatsby, the 1920’s have everyone thinking, drop waist, sparkles and of course fringe! This flapper-esque dress was too cute to ignore!
To get a bit of your flapper on, start with a fringe dress like this adorable one, for about $100! To compliment the beading try short t-strap pumps, and gold and black jewelry.
Outfit Number Three
While the saying may go, April Showers bring May Flowers, this spring the Birds are out in full swing!
To add a bit of this whimsical pattern to your wardrobe start with a fun dress, like this one from H&M, and add some antique style accessories. Start with a maroon belt, blue shoes, a brown saddle bag and bird themed jewelry.
What do you think of Carolina Herrera? Would you wear any of these looks? Let me know in a comment below!