“We’re not looking for you to dress head to toe J. Crew — although, of course, we would love it if you did. But that’s not what our expectations are. We love customers who put their own spin on things.”- Jenna Lyons
J. Crew is synonymous with classic, but trendy fashion items. Yet over the years and fashion seasons, this brand has been more than just a yacht staple, but perfect for the everyday fashionista. Read on to learn more about, Jenna Lyons, J. Crew’s president and executive creative director, who is constantly bringing style and innovation to a wonderful brand!
A Bit of Background
- Jenna Lyons has been an Executive Creative Director of the J. Crew Group Inc. since April 2010 and as its President since July 2010.
- J. Crew is renowned for it’s assortment of women’s, men’s and children’s apparel and accessories, including swimwear, outerwear, loungewear, wedding, bags, hair accessories, belts, jewelry, and shoes.
- Despite her already tall figure, Jenna Lyons measures up to about 6″5 when wearing her beloved heels!
- The first piece of clothing she ever sewed was a yellow rayon skirt with jumbo watermelons printed on it.
- Lyon’s first position at J. Crew was within the men’s knits department. She accepted the job without even asking what she was to be paid, maybe she knew that one day she’d be the creative director?
Outfit Number One
This first look is straight out of J.Crew’s Spring/Summer collection, and truly shows Jenna’s ability of mixing and matching pieces!
To recreate the look start with a pair of leopard shorts, a slouchy green sweater, a pair of black loafers and of course a cute straw hat!
Outfit Number Two
This look is also from J.Crew’s Spring collection, and I love the way that the pairing of bright orange and bright pink, which would seem to clash, add a fun new color combo to try for this summer season!
To show off this fun combo, try a pair of bright orange shorts, a hot pink blouse, and a pair of lock inspired gold sandals.
Outfit Number Three
For the last look, I chose to focus on this adorable sequined, anchor embossed, top from J.Crew’s online catalog. I think the top is so cute and summery! To keep with the sunny vibe, when paired with a striped top, and a pair of Steve Madden heels, you have a look that is perfect for shopping or a night on the town!
What do you think of J. Crew’s pieces? Would you wear any of these outfits? Let me know in a comment below!
*Sparkle On and Wear Bows*