Time to raise a toast and toss you cap in the air, you’ve made it through four (or more) years to graduation! It’s time to celebrate with family and friends, the great memories and accomplishments that have accumulated throughout the years, but sometime what to wear can be a bit stressful on such a big day! Here are some sample outfits and tips for what to wear under that cap and gown!
Things to Keep in Mind
- You’ll be Wearing a Robe: While you might love that tutu tulle dress, think about what it will look like underneath your graduation robe. Your best bet is to look for something sleek, and not too poofy to avoid looking lumpy while you walk across the stage!
- Match the Color to the Robe: Now I’m not saying that you should bring out your best school spirit and match your gown to your outfit exactly, but if you’re school provides slightly sheer white gowns, wear a white dress! Keep the robe in mind when putting your outfit together.
- Pick Great Shoes!: Regardless of your outfit, you shoes will most likely be the only thing you can see while you’re wearing the robe, so pick a pair of pumps or flats that are cute and reflect your style! Practice walking around in your shoes so you’re perfectly comfortable when the big day arrives!
- Try for a Dress or Look with Pockets: pockets are perfect for carrying your sunglasses, camera and anything else you want to hold onto during the ceremony. If you can’t find pockets’ look for a small bag or clutch to tuck under your arm!
- Things to have with you before or after the ceremony: an umbrella, hard candy or a granola bar in case you get hungry, water bottles, bobby pins and safety pins, tissues and sunglasses.
Outfit Number One-Fun Florals
This look is a fun and fancy take on florals! The dress contains a lot of bright colors, so keep it simple with black accessories, such as a pair of T-strap pumps, earrings and clutches.
Outfit Number Two-Nice and Nuetral
This look is easy and breezy, from the light material to the color palette. Starting with a mint and nude colored dress, add a pair of mary jane pumps, a mint clutch and matching jewelry. I also included a pair of shades, in case your ceremony is outside on a sunny day!
Outfit Number Three-Classic Black and White
While the LBD, might be a staple for graduation, this dress switches it up, with a lace white top and black skirt. For shoes, keep it classic with these retro inspired pumps from Modcloth and simple black and white accessories.
Outfit Number Four- Something Blue
This look is monochromatic in palette, with a fun spring color as it’s base. Starting with this white and blue lace dress from Modcloth, add a pair of shoes like these adorable bow ones and some blue accessories!
Outfit Number Five
For those of you who aren’t fans of dresses, I put together a look just for you! This outfit brings on the comfy with chiffon shorts, but also looks cute with a lace blouse and white blazer! To fancy it up a bit, go bold with accessories, such a statement necklace, fun purse and blush colored wedges.
Are you graduating this upcoming spring? What will you be wearing? What did you think of these outfits? Let me know in a comment below!
*Sparkle On and Wear Bows*