A woman is never sexier than when she is comfortable in her clothes.- Vera Wang
From her wedding dresses, to her accessories, and ready to wear collections, Vera Wang can do no wrong. Her brand has been seen on Sex in the City, and in various celebrity weddings from J-Lo to Mariah Carey. Read on to see looks inspired by her Spring and Summer 2012 collection, and her perfumes!
A Litte Bit of Background
- Born on June 27, 1949 in New York city, and grew up to Manhattan’s Upper East Side.
- She attended the elite Chapin School and the School fo American ballet, and later enrolled at Sarah Lawrence College.
- Wang was a talented figure skater, who competed professionally throughout her teens, and in the 1968 and ’69 she and her partner placed fifth in the junior pairs competition at the U.S. National Championships.
- After graduating from college, Wang began working for Vogue magazine, and at age 23 was promoted to senior fashion editor. She kept this title for the next 15 years to become the design director for accessories at Ralph Lauren.
- Through her balance of modern designs with classic elegance, Wang has acquired a Hollywood following, her fashions are frequently worn to film premieres and award ceremonies by many actresses from Halle Berry, Meg Ryan and Charlize Theron.
- In 2001, Wang launched her first fragrance, and later published a wedding guide.
- Today her line has expanded into lingerie, jewelry and home decor products.
- She is one of the most prominent designer for bridal wear in America, and has received a number of awards throughout the years from the 1993 Chinese American Planning Council’s Honoree of the Year Award, and the 1994 Girl Scout Council’s Woman of Distinction Award. In 2005 she was named as Womenswear Designer of the Year.
Outfit Number One
This look was featured in Vera’s Spring and Summer 2012 collection, and fit the theme of light and flirty dresses. I loved the overal color schemes of pastels and the use of different types of fabric!
To emulate this look, I chose a color blocked pastel dress, (which matched a similar dress in her collection), to wear with strappy wedges, and pastel style jewelry.
Outfit Number Two
This look is inspired by Vera’s fragrance aptly named Princess. While I’m all for wearing a crown to class, this look emulates the girly scent and color scheme of this adorably designed fragrance.
To start, try a lilac colored dress, like this one from Modcloth, and add thigh high socks and black ballet flats. For accessories, try a lace handbag, and simple black and gold jewelry.
Outfit Number Three
This second fragrance is adorably fragrant and super summery!
To emulate the color scheme of this perfume, go for a maroon fish tail skirt, white blouse, and add fun accessories, like this Vera Bradley necklace!
What do you think of Vera Wang’s clothes? Do you own any of her fragrances? Let me know in a comment below!