This week’s Monday Musings, feature the ever stylish and master of the ruffled dress, Roberto Cavali. Read on for sample outfits inspired by his Spring 2012 collection and fun facts about his life!
A Bit of Background
- Roberto Cavalli was born in 1940, and he is still designing in his seventies!
- Born in Florence, Italy.
- Began his carrer as a textile printer in 1960, and later started a T-shirt, denim and leather design company.
- In 1994 he showed his woman’s lines during Milan Fashion week.
- In 2007 Cavalli designed the concert attire for the Spice Girls’ World Tour.
- In that same year he designed an exclusive line at H&M
- Today the brand has branched into a Vodka line, children’s line, jeans, homewares and menswear.
“The industrial direction is sometimes too much. We should think more about fantasy.”
I love the gold blazer in this look and the two toned pumps! This outfit would be perfect for a night out with friends or dancing at a club!
To channel this look, try a metallic dress, like this gold one from Romwe, and pair with some fun heels. For accessories go bold with a black statement necklace and a simple black clutch!
Leopard pants were a big trend this past fall season, and this print fits in perfectly to Cavalli’s collection!
For this look start with a leopard pair of pants, a black corset style top from Topshop, and simple black and red accessories for a pop of color!
I adore this dress. It is classy, yet not demure to the point of being boring. This dress combines the right amount of sweet and seductive, which make it perfect for a dinner date out!
As soon as I saw this dress I knew it would be perfect for this look! The bodice is made of lace while the sleeves are sheer, allowing you to show a little skin in a classy and tasteful way! To keep the look simple, stick with neutral pumps, like these Steve Madden mary jane shoes, and a nude colored clutch.
What do you think of Cavalli’s Spring 2012 Collection? Would you wear any of these outfits? Feel free to comment!