Random. Fun. Sparkly.
(Three words that describe Stacey Bendet’s personal style)
Alice + olivia’s brand is bursting at the seams with personality, quirky styling and you guessed it, a ton of sparkles. The brand was launched in 2002 by Stacey Bendet and Rebecca Matchett. Read on for more info on this fun and flirty brand!
A bit of background…
- The brand was launched at Barney’s New York in 2002, and was sparked by Stacey’s inability to find pants that she truly loved. After creating her own pants, which her friends nicknamed “Staceypants, her bold striped bell bottoms showed her design aesthetics and abilities.
- Bendet split from Rebecca Matchett and partnered with Andrew Rosen, the founder of Theory, in 2003.
- The collection was named after the two founder’s mother’s names.
- Stacey has been featured on the Vanity Fair Best dressed list for two years in a row.
- They have over 500 stores and feature a black and white design palette with pops of bright color.
- In 2008, she married Eric Eisner and they have two children. (Eloise and Scarlet).
- Their clothes have been worn by numerous celebrities such as Kristen Stewart, Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene, Sarah Jessica Parker and Taylor Swift.
- Today her line has expanded to include Ready- to-Wear, children’s wear, menswear, and yoga wear.