The holidays are crazy. From buying gifts, to baking cookies, it’s hard to maintain your purse and your makeup. Here are some tips on how to start and stay fabulous throughout this busy season!
The Makeup Bag
- Sparkly Nail Polish- Sparkly nails are a must during the holiday season, and I love Milani’s multi colored glitter polish. I usually paint my nails a bright red (today I did a coat of Park Avenue of Essie), and then top it off with this fun polish!
- Eye Shadow– It’s always good to start the season with a new eye shadow, and this glittery gold number, called Silent Night by Nars, is the perfect edition to your makeup bag! For those of you who love options, Urban Decay’s book of shadows is perfect for any season!
- The Everything Stick– This stick from Nars is worth the money simply because you can use it as a blush, lipstick or eye shadow!
- Concealer– Try M.A.C.’s studio fix foundation to cover up any dark circles or imperfections.
- Eye Liner– I always love retro wingtips, and liquid liner from M.A.C, is perfect for getting the wing exactly right. But if you’re feeling a bit daring try this sparkly liner from Stila.
- Lashes– To match your bold eye shadow, you need a bold mascara. Try They’re Real, for some major volume without clumps! Or try a pair of false lashes from Benefits Cosmetics.
- Lips- Nothing says Christmas quite like red lips, and this M.A.C lipstick is one of my favorites! It applies easily, stays on for hours and even smells like marshmallows.
- Bobby Pins- Sometimes that pretty up-do that you spent so much time on starts to get a bit tired, which means it’s time to break out the bobby pins!
- Blotting Sheets- After a night of partying your face can start to look a bit shiny. Keep some blotting sheets on hand to soak up any access oil from your skin.
- Mini Lipstick- Cold winter weather can wreak havoc on your lips, always bring a lip gloss or mini lipstick to touch up your look and keep your lips from getting too dry.
- Mints or gum- Always be mistletoe ready with some gum or mints on hand!
- Hand Sanitizer– My sister Maggie is a bit obsessed with hand sanitizer. She always has three different scented bottles of sanitizer in her bag at all times. While her obsession with sanitizer is a bit over the top, it’s always good to carry some during the cold and flu season.