Adele Casagrande created the iconic brand Fendi over nine decades ago. The brand has stood the test of time through the help of Adele’s fashion forward family and the impeccably tailored and styled garments.
Facts about Fendi
- Adele Casagrande was born in 1897 in Rome, Italy. She opened her first leather and fur workshop in 1918.
- After her marriage to Edoardo Fendi in 1925 she renamed her workshop Fendi, whose reputation became quickly known throughout Italy for the high quality furs.
- Adele and Edoardo had five daughters, Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla and Alda, who have decided to work in the family business.
- In 1966, Karl Lagerfield joined Adele and her daughters after the death of Eduardo Fendi in 1954.
- After Adele’s passing in 1977, her daughter and Lagerfield have worked to maintain a well crafted brand.
- In 1999,51% of Fendi ‘s stock was sold to Prada and LVMH as a joint venture.
- Fendi offers a variety of products from their ready to wear collections to their hand bags, make up, eye wear, luggage and perfumes.
Fendi was founded on beautiful furs, and this fall’s collection illustrated that this design aesthetic has not changed. This look gives a posh vibe with a jade green dress and fur stole.
To re-create this look, try a long button up structured dress. To create a waist try a belt that can cinch and then hang like the model’s in the photo. While Fendi uses real fur, I am a huge advocate of faux fur, it cuts on the cost and the cruelty to animals. Try a faux fur stole that will pair with some dessert boot wedges and maroon sweater tights.
Fendi Spring 2012 Collection
It may be the middle of winter, but Fendi is already ready for the spring! This spring collection features a bit of a nautical theme with fun stripes and navy ensembles.