” Fashion should be about enthusiasm for what you’re wearing. It should be fun. Finding that perfect balance between what is fashionable and what you totally love is the ideal. So often people are either intimidated or bored by fashion. Having a ‘been there, done that’ attitude takes all of the fun out of it. Put fashion in its rightful place and enjoy it.”- Kate Spade
Kate Spade, her name is synonymous with her famous nylon bags, and other great accessories. She is an American designer whose colors, and design aesthetics have made her and her brand an American Icon.
- She was born on Christmas eve in 1962, as Katherine Noel Brosnahan in Kansas City, MO.
- Graduated from Arizona state University in 1986, she then made her way to NYC, where she would work for Mademoiselle magazine for five years.
- Kate launched her first line of handbags in 1993.
- Her husband, Andy Spade served as her business partner, and their company grew to be featured in high end stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales.
- The couple sold their business to the Neiman Marcus Group in 1999, but have remained active with the brand.
- Andy Spade, is the figure head for the spin off brand Jack Spade, featuring the male equivalents to her female line.
- The couple had a daughter in 2005, Frances Beatrix Spade, who they truly treasure and adore.
Bright Blue Bold
I love Kate Spades choices of colors, they are always so cheerful and fun! An instant mood booster in my opinion. With this look I chose to emulate the look in the bottom right hand corner from one of Kate’s current collections. The dress is a simple black dress, which serves as a blank canvas for a pearl bauble necklace, bracelet and a pop of bright blue in the tights and one of the bracelets. Keep the shoes simple and sweet with some strappy black heels.
Polka Dot Fun