“The only positive thing you can really gain through losing someone is learning, and teaching other people, … So I hope to teach other people, and I hope to learn.”
Stella McCartney is the daughter of former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney and the late photographer and animal rights activist, Linda McCartney. She is a great English fashion designer, who sticks to her morals and creates amazing pieces. Read on for some fun facts and Stella inspired looks!
Fun Facts about Stella McCartney
- Her love of fashion started when she mad her first jacket at age thirteen, three years later she interned for Christian Lacroix, who was working on his first fashion design collection.
- She does not use any leather or fur in her designs and supports PETA. Her designs might have texts that go with her “no animal” policy
- She grew up on a farm in the English Countryside, Her strong connection to animals prompted her vegetarian lifestyle.
- In 2003 she launched her first perfume Stella
- She launched a lingerie line in 2008
- In November 2010 the Stella McCartney kids collection
- She was the Fashion director of French ready to wear Chloe from 1997-2001
- McCartney’s Autumn Winter 2010 collection was shown at the Opera Garnier at Paris Fashion week.
“It’s not like evening wear, it’s just kind of ‘easy wear’. It’s more like take one incredibly stunning thing and put it with a pair of jeans. I just think personally that’s what I would do.” –Stella McCartney
This first look is all about the neutrals. The top photo is from Stella McCartney’s 2011 Autumn and Winter collection, and is a great outfit for this season! Pairing a chunky knit sweater with a pair of chino’s or sleek pants give a great contrasting look. For accessories, I love these oxfords with ribbons for laces, along with the ring, bracelet, earrings and purse.
Sheerly Polka Dot
Polka dots are the perfect pattern. They’ve never really gone out of style, but were particularly popular on the runways this fall. Stella McCartney paired polka dots with another popular trend this season, sheer materials. Mixing the two give a look an instant dress up and party vibe. This dress combines the sheer and dark black polka dot elements that Stella played with in her collection. As for accessories, keep it simple with a pair of black pumps, studs and a purse.
Another popular pattern is stripes. In this case Stella used the striped top as the main focus of a very chic and clean look. Aside from the top Stella used a pair of black pants, and black kitten heels.
Flirty and Fun Peplum
Gosh, I love a good peplum don’t you? Peplum comes from the greek word meaning tunic skirt. In this case the peplum juts out from the hips creating a fun and retro figure. This dress is cute and fun for any family or holiday parties you might have coming up this season!
What are your thoughts? Does Stella McCartney’s style align with your own? Would you wear any of these looks? Let me know!