Today was a horribly rainy day, but the weather inspired me to write a post on how to look cute in rain. As a Boston girl, I’ve weathered some blustery rainy days, and here are a few tips on how to survive the rain in a stylish way!
- Much like the winter post, I must stress when it comes to the rain, function is extremely important. But you can still have fashion and function!
- Invest in a good pair of rain boots. While I love a deal, good boots are important because at the end of the day I would rather have dry feet than a cute, cheap pair of leaky boots.
- Purchase some high socks. High socks are great to wear with your rain boots, as they not only look stylish but they will also keep your legs super warm.
- Find a great rain coat or trenchcoat. I have been on the hunt for a trench coat with a hood for a few months, and the key to a great trench coat is water resistant material.
- Also don’t forget an umbrella!!!
This look is more of an artsy vibe. For boots I included a pair of black Hunter boots, black socks, maroon tights, a black mini skirt and a long sleeved striped shirt. For extra warmth I added a maroon cardigan to match the tights, and a long forest green rain coat. For accessories I added a black purse and a white beanie.